Tuesday 28 October 2014

Hi everyone, just a quick post today as I have to get on with the very important task of watching Bambi with my girls.  Love that movie.

Anyway in the interests of cozying up for our movie afternoon I've lit the candles, put the fire on and made a pot of tea.  I got some cheap fairy lights in Wilkinson this morning ( I get so many fantastic bargains in that place, only £3.50 for a string of led's) and decided to use them to finish off a little chandelier I made out of galvanised garden wire last year. I have made quite a number of these now, the design is fairly simple although you do end up with hands covered in blisters by the end of it, but I do think it's worth the pain to have something beautiful and handmade in your home. I'm not sure I could write a tutorial for one of these but I will see what I can come up with.  I used mine to glam up a lacklustre corner of my living room and I'm thrilled with the result now I've added a bit of sparkle with the lights.  You may notice a little cobweb in the picture... I'm afraid I didn't have the heart to evict it's tiny inhabitant so it will just have to stay for the time being!
Well I'm off for a lovely sofa afternoon now, Lidl is now stocking those gorgeous iced German ginger biscuits now in time for Xmas so I shall be tucking into one or two of those with my cuppa! Have a lovely afternoon x

No comments:

Post a Comment